Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Registering for, viewing comments on, and posting comments to ConservaWiki, along with posting videos or other information on this site, requires compliance with our Terms of Service.
We reserve the right to revise or update this policy at any time. While we do not intend to make any changes to this policy, we do reserve the right to do so. If any changes to this policy are made, the date that the revised or updated policy is posted to ConservaWiki will appear at the bottom of the page.
ConservaWiki welcomes participation in online forums made available through the ConservaWiki website. ConservaWiki online forums are offered for the exchange of ideas related to the ConservaWiki mission, and discussion in any ConservaWiki online forum should be limited to the stated subject matter of the group. Positions taken or statements made in such forum posts, including the endorsement of political candidates, do not necessarily represent the positions of ConservaWiki, Conservative Growth, or its board members, officers or employees, and should not be attributed to ConservaWiki without the express written permission of a duly-appointed officer of ConservaWiki. Individuals posting on ConservaWiki online forums are expected to self-police, to conduct themselves in a civil and responsible manner, and to refrain from profanity, slander and personal attacks. ConservaWiki does not condone and will not tolerate discrimination of any kind, and it will not tolerate comments encouraging any kind of illegal activities. No advertising, commercials or solicitations should be placed on any ConservaWiki online group or blog.
You are forbidden from uploading or embedding any material which you do not have permission to upload or embed from the original source of the material. Any member knowingly uploading or embedding any copyright protected material, without permission of the owner of such material will be immediately suspended and all contents on their page will be deleted.
If you see spam report spam. Our staff will remove it only when we can find it. Your help is needed.
Terms of Service
The following Terms of Service apply to your use of ConservaWiki. You are solely responsible for your conduct and your content on the Network and compliance with these terms. By registering with us or using or browsing ConservaWiki, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these terms. ConservaWiki is not directed to children younger than 13 and is offered only to users 13 years of age or older. Any person who provides their personal information through ConservaWiki represents that they are 13 years of age or older.
You agree that you will not post, email or make available any content or use ConservaWiki:
- In a manner that infringes, violates or misappropriates any third party's intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights or contractual rights;
- in a manner that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- to engage in spamming, "chain letters," "pyramid schemes", advertisement of illegal or controlled products or services, or other advertising or marketing activities that violate these Terms of Service, any applicable laws, regulations or generally-accepted advertising industry guidelines;
- in a manner that is misleading, deceptive or fraudulent or otherwise illegal or promotes illegal activities, including engaging in phishing or otherwise obtaining financial or other personal information in a misleading manner or for fraudulent or misleading purposes;
- in a manner that is libelous or defamatory, or in a way that is otherwise threatening, abusive, violent, harassing, malicious or harmful to any person or entity, or invasive of another's privacy;
- in a manner that is harmful to minors in any way;
- in a manner that is hateful or discriminatory based on race, color, sex, religion, nationality, ethnic or national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or age or is otherwise objectionable;
- to impersonate any other person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, or to obtain access to ConservaWiki without authorization;
- to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of ConservaWiki or prevent others from using ConservaWiki, or in a manner that disrupts the normal flow of dialogue with an excessive number of messages (flooding attack) to ConservaWiki, or that otherwise negatively affects other persons' ability to use ConservaWiki;
- to use any manual or automated means, including agents, robots, scripts, or spiders, to access or manage any user's account or to monitor or copy ConservaWiki or the content contained therein;
- to facilitate the unlawful distribution of copyrighted content;
- in a manner that includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person's explicit consent;
- in a manner that employs misleading email or IP addresses, or forged headers or otherwise manipulated identifiers in order to disguise the origin of content transmitted through ConservaWiki or to users; and
- in a manner that constitutes or contains any form of advertising or solicitation if emailed to users who have requested not to be contacted about other services, products or commercial interests.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- "Stalk" or otherwise harass anyone;
- Collect, use or disclose data, including personal information, about other users without their consent or for unlawful purposes or in violation of applicable law or regulations;
- Request, solicit or otherwise obtain access to usernames, passwords or other authentication credentials from any member of ConservaWiki or to proxy authentication credentials for any member of ConservaWiki for the purposes of automating logins to ConservaWiki;
- Post any content containing child pornography to ConservaWiki; " Post any content that depicts or contains rape, extreme violence, murder, bestiality, incest, or other similar content;
- Post any content that constitutes pornography, contains nudity, or is adult in nature.
- Use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or the like to download data from ConservaWiki - except for Internet search engines (e.g. Google) and non-commercial public archives (e.g. archive.org) that comply with our robots.txt file, or "well-behaved" web services/RSS/Atom clients. We reserve the right to define what we mean by "well-behaved";
- Post irrelevant content, repeatedly post the same or similar content or otherwise impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Network's infrastructure;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to our computer systems or engage in any activity that disrupts, diminishes the quality of, interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of, ConservaWiki;
- Use ConservaWiki as a generic file hosting service;
- Take any action that may undermine the feedback or ratings systems (such as displaying, importing or exporting feedback information off of ConservaWiki or for using it for purposes unrelated to ConservaWiki); and
- Develop, invoke, or utilize any code to disrupt, diminish the quality of, interfere with the performance of, or impair the functionality of ConservaWiki.
You agree not to authorize or encourage any third party to use ConservaWiki to facilitate any of the foregoing prohibited conduct. You also agree that these Network Terms of
Service inure to the benefit of our service providers (including our Network platform provider) and that they may take action (including the removal of your content and disabling of your account) in order to maintain compliance with these Network Terms of Service. Technology and hosting for aspects of ConservaWiki are provided by ConservaWiki's online service provider. However, the Network Creator of ConservaWiki controls the content, membership and policy of ConservaWiki, including those pages served by such service provider on behalf of ConservaWiki. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, by participating on ConservaWiki you agree to indemnify and hold harmless such service provider on all matters related to your interaction with others using ConservaWiki and participation with ConservaWiki.
The ConservaWiki Community
The Community is operated and controlled by ConservaWiki and is geared towards electing conservative political candidates to public office in the United States. It aims to create a place where users ("Members") can exchange ideas and share tips and methods that they have found helpful in electing conservative candidates. Members will be able to participate through various forums. ConservaWiki expressly disclaims any liability or responsibility for any content posted on the Community by its Members.
Registration and Accounts
In order to use ConservaWiki, You will have to create an account (an "Account"). Accounts allow Members to view, post, publish, share, store, and manage ideas, opinions, recommendations, advice or other content ("Member Content"). You represent and warrant to ConservaWiki that all information You submit when You create Your Account is accurate and that You will keep it current. If ConservaWiki has reason to believe that Your Account information is untrue, inaccurate or incomplete, ConservaWiki reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to suspend or terminate Your Account. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on Your Account, and You must keep Your Account information, including Your Account name and password secure. You must notify ConservaWiki immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of Your Account. ConservaWiki will not be liable for any loss You incur due to any unauthorized use of Your Account. You, however, may be liable for any loss ConservaWiki or others incur caused by Your Account, whether caused by You, or by another Member, or by an unauthorized person.
ConservaWiki reserves the right to modify, change, or discontinue any aspect of the Community or the Website at any time.
Member Content and Sharing of Ideas
You acknowledge and agree that:
- Your submission or disclosure of Your Member Content is entirely voluntary.
- Your submission or disclosure of Your Member Content does not establish a confidential relationship or obligate ConservaWiki to treat the Member Content as secret or confidential.
- ConservaWiki has no obligation, either express or implied, to develop or use Your Member Content and that no compensation is due to You or anyone else for any inadvertent or intentional use of Your Member Content.
- Your Member Content represents Your own work, You have all necessary rights to disclose Your Member Content to ConservaWiki, and in doing so You do not violate the rights of any third party.
Links to Third-Party Websites
The Website may contain links to third-party websites that are not owned or controlled by ConservaWiki. ConservaWiki assumes no responsibility for the content, terms and conditions, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party websites. In addition, ConservaWiki does not censor or edit the content of any third-party websites. By using the Website, You expressly release ConservaWiki from any and all liability arising from Your use of and Your posts to any third-party website. Accordingly, ConservaWiki encourages You to be aware when You leave the Community and to review the terms and conditions, privacy policies, and other governing documents of each other website that You may visit.
You acknowledge and agree that ConservaWiki shall jointly own, with you, and have the unrestricted right to use, publish, in electronic form and otherwise, distribute and exploit any and all information that you post or otherwise publish on this web site ("Submissions"). You hereby waive any and all claims against ConservaWiki for any alleged or actual infringements of any rights of privacy or publicity, moral rights, rights of attribution or any other intellectual property rights in connection with ConservaWiki's use and publication of such Submissions. This means that you automatically grant ConservaWiki a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide and irrevocable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, translate, prepare derivative works based upon, distribute, perform or display such Submissions, in whole or in part, in any form, media or technology known or hereafter developed for any purpose, including, but not limited to, advertising and promotional purposes.
ConservaWiki does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Submissions displayed, uploaded, posted on any message board, or otherwise distributed through this web site by any user of this Site, information provider or any other third party. ConservaWiki expressly disclaims any and all liability related to Submissions, and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Submissions shall be at your sole risk. ConservaWiki in its sole discretion reserves the right to refuse to post and the right to remove any information or Submission from this Site, in whole or in part, for any reason.
No Services, Endorsement or Professional Consultation
There may be delays, omissions or inaccuracies in information obtained through your use of this Site. This information is provided to you with the understanding that ConservaWiki's provision of this information to you does not constitute the rendering of investment, consulting, legal, accounting, tax, career or other advice or services. Information on this web site should not be relied upon for making business, investment, legal or other decisions or used as a substitute for consultation with professional advisors. Moreover, ConservaWiki does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement, or other information displayed, uploaded, downloaded or distributed through this web site by ConservaWiki, any user, information provider or any other person or entity. You acknowledge that any reliance upon such opinion, advice, statement, memorandum, or information shall be at your sole option and risk. Moreover, ConservaWiki does not grant any license or other authorization to you to use this web site in any manner if such use in whole or in part suggests that ConservaWiki promotes or endorses any third party's causes, ideas, political campaigns, political views, web sites, products or services.
Access to this Site
ConservaWiki may alter, suspend or discontinue this web site or your access to use this web site at any time for any reason without notice or liability to you or any third party. This web site may become unavailable due to maintenance or malfunction of computer equipment or for other reasons and may result in damages to the user's systems or operations. The user shall be solely responsible for ensuring that any information or content obtained from this web site does not contain any virus or other computer software code or subroutine designed to disable, erase, impair or otherwise damage the user's systems, software or data.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
THE WEB SITE AND ALL MATERIALS THEREON ARE DISTRIBUTED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, CONSERVAWIKI DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. SPECIFICALLY, BUT WITHOUT LIMITATION, CONSERVAWIKI DOES NOT WARRANT THAT: (1) THE INFORMATION ON THIS WEB SITE IS CORRECT, ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; (2) THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED ON THIS WEB SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE; OR (3) DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS WEB SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES THEM AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT USE OF THE WEB SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU HEREBY WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542 WHICH PROVIDES: "A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR."
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL CONSERVAWIKI OR ANY OF ITS PREDECESSORS, SUCCESSORS, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, INVESTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, ATTORNEYS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE HEIRS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES THAT DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THIS WEB SITE OR THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS WEB SITE OR OBTAINED FROM YOUR USE OF THIS SITE, INCLUDING FOR VIRUSES ALLEGED TO HAVE BEEN OBTAINED FROM THE SITE, EVEN IF CONSERVAWIKI HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL CONSERVAWIKI' OR ANY OF ITS PREDECESSORS', SUCCESSORS', PARENTS', SUBSIDIARIES', AFFILIATES', OFFICERS', DIRECTORS', SHAREHOLDERS', INVESTORS', EMPLOYEES', AGENTS', REPRESENTATIVES' AND ATTORNEYS' AND THEIR RESPECTIVE HEIRS', SUCCESSORS' AND ASSIGNS' TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE EXCEED $1. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES IN WHICH CASE SOME OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO ALL USERS.
You hereby indemnify, defend, and hold harmless ConservaWiki and all of its predecessors, successors, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, shareholders, investors, employees, agents, representatives and attorneys and their respective heirs, successors and assigns (collectively, the "Indemnified Parties") from and against any and all liability and costs, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees, incurred by the Indemnified Parties in connection with any claim arising out of or relating to any breach by you of this Agreement or the representations, warranties, and covenants you have made by agreeing to the terms of this Agreement. You shall cooperate as fully as reasonably required in the defense of any such claim. ConservaWiki reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you.
Enforcement of Terms and Conditions
If any part of these terms is unlawful, void, or unenforceable, that part will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
The information contained in any email traffic from this site may be confidential and/or legally privileged. It has been sent for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If the reader of any message or attachment is not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you have received any communication in error, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message and attachment(s).
Fees and Costs
In the event that either of the parties hereto institutes any action, suit or proceeding to enforce the provisions of this agreement, or for breach thereof, or to declare the rights of the parties with respect thereto, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover, in addition to damages, injunctive or other relief, reasonable costs and expenses including, without limitation, costs and reasonable attorneys' fees incurred in the furtherance of such action, suit or proceeding.
Last Revised: September 21, 2011
©2011 Copyright Conservative Growth. All rights reserved.
Make a Donation to ConservaWiki
If you are in a position to do so please send in a generous donation. ConservaWiki/Conservative Growth is a privately owned information, advocacy and publishing corporation. Donations are not deductible for tax purposes. However, we give you our word as conservatives that 100 percent of all donations received will be used solely to provide free or subsidized copies of our materials to students and charitable organizations and to further to cause of conservatism in America. Thank you in advance.